Friday 21 October 2011

BandCamp and No clues

Hello people of the interweb world its another blog by yours truly E...

Well this week was the release of Ghost Tape being sold on the genius platform that is BandCamp, I have put the album out and had some response not a massive but people have taken notice, for the people who bought it thank you:

Lucy Dann
Jasmine Eden
John Pearson
& Guido Mr Loalue :)

So if your math is like mind you will be proud to know that its 4 sales and counting will maybe not counting but 4 sales altogether so far!!!!!!
What can i say? i am stunned it did sell and i love and thank the people who bought it, it means so much you would not believe, its not being in a humble state, but a state of being so happy that i can build my confidence in people wanting to listen to my music, not going down the sentimental route but it means more than you can ever think!

Basically in my musical past, i have been over looked for being in bands, because probably not good enough for peoples egos, i never get mentioned from friends and they probably think my music isn't that great either in fact i know,and because am not playing guitar on stage, its hard to get through to people who don't understand different music, but it's what i use and do is just a different medium, because am not playing a guitar solo or playing drums on stage doesn't make me less of a musician, i know people think this, and this is why i find it difficult to communicate the music i love and want to produce!

To be loved by thousands is probably a pipe dream for me, because being loved for what i do seems to be a major struggle now, there is really only a handful of people who appreciate what i do and that's because they are open enough to listen and most important hear what i am creating, this is where most people turn off!

I think this is all comes down to popularity maybe that's why its called popular music (dumb response i know), but most cases its just generic bullshit that has no soul and is made for financial gain, this is where i turn off, music is not a competition to be won and not a popularity contest either, music is at the end of the day an art form, this is how i express myself and how i want to push myself too, the easy option is not my goal we can all learn Mustang Sally and play to dumb drunk fucks, that's a given but to actually push yourself and your creative mind to make something infinite that can stand the test of time or at least until you die! Now that's where i want to be, don't vote for me to win a competition but listen for a brief moment on something i have made, that's all i ask, being a musician and loving music is where i am in life, not playing at battle of the bands or how many people can LIKE my Facebook page, i Love music and want to express myself and that's what i do, the ironic thing is about this post is no one will read it, so that just establishes my point entirely!

Stay tuned people for the next blog which i will tell you all about my 2nd gig at Binary Jam, it should be a good one, and a small plug for the album by here if your interested :
http://thecalmproject.bandcamp.com/album/ghost-tape

Remember people Evolve or Die

E


4 comments:

  1. Hey Iain,

    Just so you know, I read every single post. I admire your dedication to the creative process and pushing yourself to improve and evolve with every new endeavor. You are a true artist; creating even when the spotlight isn't on you. Keep on.

    -PS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks for the comment, its difficult and am trying to stay inspired even when i get no attention, hopefully one day more people might take notice!
    How are you btw?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm alright. Been doing a little collab with a fellow musician, we've finished two small pieces so far. It's long distance collab, we live in different states, so it's an interesting challenge. But we both think a lot alike musically, so that helps.

    This past spring I got my hands on some new production software (Propellerhead's Record & Reason) and I've been experimenting which has been fun.

    I've listened to a bit of Ghost Tape, I'm really digging the textures and ambience it exudes. I think my favorite is the one you did the video for, Polaroid, I love your beats in that.

    Good to hear from you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Thanks yeah am proud of Polaroid its a good song, i spent awhile on that track, and the others as well, well got too 6 downloads, and doesn't seem to move right now, i am now beginning to work on new music and ideas right now so stay posted, thank you for your support :)

    ReplyDelete