Friday 25 November 2011

Something New something borrowed something blue

Okay quick update for all you blog fans i know who you are :)

Well the new project for The Calm Project has begun, i have been collecting sounds and noises for a month now and been writing little motifs to work on, the ideas have only just been coming together and there are a lot of beginnings, lets hope they reach to the end, as the sound and concept is a new direction and far from Ghost Tapes Mood and Sound....

I have asked for people to come play who might play something different from guitars bass and drums, i am looking for new textures and new sounds, so the weirder the better is all i will say right now, so anything from Cello, to spoons will be cool in my books!

I am also thinking of trying some new vocal directions as i would like to perform as a trumpet or flute rather than a singer, words are getting in the way right now and i feel i want to discover something new within myself!

I am always open to new ideas and new music so if you think there is something i should listen too or read or watch then please let me know :)
If you haven't read in my previous blog i have been ill, and am waiting to work on some new music and ideas soon for some amazing musician friends of mine, i am hoping to start work on these soon and have them at least done before Christmas, i just can't afford to make myself ill again so fingers crossed for that!

As for Ghost Tape album download, it seems it reached a small audience and didn't move from there, i will still hopefully be gigging the Ghost Tape material, i still think it has a lot of development in terms of life after the record, but as i don't get offered gigs and have to put my own on, according to a certain person LIverpool music scene for alternative acts is thriving, i say your a fucking joke! So then next gig, who knows? Because i certainly don't!!!!

I would like to end with a small bid to either Ninja Tune or Warp, or any electronic label, come listen and give me some money, "there my first act of weakness" lol

EVOLVE OR DIE

E

No comments:

Post a Comment