Monday 30 May 2011

Polaroid (Video and Stills)




Hello people of The Calm Project Blog reading brigade, i know your few but i love each and everyone of you X




This is an update of what am upto and the world that is Tha Calm Project, over the weekend i decided to put my creative bones into use and come up with a music video.




I recently wrote a song called Polaroid and wanted to create something special to show off this recent song, so i decided to make a video, as the song was called Polaroid i needed alot of pictures to create what is in my head, this is where Rebecca Tame Photography came in, she produced alsorts of shots for me to use within the video, using props and changing my general appearance using make up and glasses and props etc...


The result came out very well, using limited movie making software i put together all the images and changed the photo to suit the style of video in my head, this took many hours and computer failing for me to get the end result, but after 5 hours and the computer self shutting down at least a dozen it finally paid off!




And here is the result:



4 comments:

  1. Love how you integrated the sounds of camera clicks within the beat. I like the concept of stills to make up the video, reinforcing the idea. I only wonder if you might have been able to give the images a more somber, isolated feeling - although, not sure if that's what you were going for... I sensed the photographer while watching which, for me, took away from the mood of the song. But! All in all, nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thanks for the comment Brandy...

    Am glad you like beat, i do try to theme my beats with the song which to me is funny am not sure people get my humour?
    The video is very LoFi so i couldn't really change the pictures that much, but i wanted a continuous flow of photos given the title is polaroid, it can be seen as a love song or a stalker song, so keeping it simple and slightly odd helped :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey E!

    Just came across this on youtube, knowing how much you're into visuals paired w/music, thought I'd share it. It's a trailer for Amon Tobin's new show - and it's AMAZING. Check it out!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLrt7-kIgIM&feature=feedf

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Brandy

    That was amazing, thank you so much for sending it to me, i would love something like that for my live set, i am blown away by what they have done :)

    Thank you for sending me the link

    ReplyDelete